IPL 2018 retention list
Before the start of the Indian Premier League-2018. Players retention process conducted in Mumbai was broadcast live. Recently franchisees have also made this program live. Kohli, Dhoni, Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Gautam Gambhir, David Warner, De Villiers, and many other domestic and foreign players expected to be continued in same team.
But things happened differently Sunrisers Hyderabad released their star players Shikar Dhawan and Yuvraj Singh and in the other side Kolkatta Knight riders also released Gautham Gambhir, under Gautham Gambhir captaincy Kolkatta Knight riders won two IPL titles . There is also an opportunity to buy some of the players who have been released through a right-to-match process during the auction.
The retention program will be for 2018 to 2020 i.e for three years. Chennai and Rajasthan teams who have been banned for two years have to choose cricketers from the players who play in 2015. Australian opener David Warner will be represented as captain in Hyderabad for the first time since Sunrisers Hyderabad won title in the 2016 season. Many players will be available at auction on January 27 and 28.
1. Hyderabad: David Warner (Australia), Bhuvneshwar Kumar (bowler)
2. Royal Challengers Bangalore: Virat Kohli (India captain), AB de Villiers
(South Africa), Surfaraz Khan (bowler)
3.Chennai Super Kings: Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja
4.Mumbai Indians: Rohit Sharma, Hardik Pandya, Bumra
5. Delhi Daredevils: Rishabh Pant (Wicket Keeper), Shreyas Iyer, Chris Morris (South Africa All-rounder)
6. Kolkata Knight Riders: Sunil Narine, Andre Russell (two players from West Indies)
7. Kings XI Punjab: Akshar patel (bowler)
8. Rajasthan Royals: Steve Smith (Australian captain)