Best First Date Questions, Conversation Starter Topics
First dates are always uneasy business. Unless you’re extremely confident or really smooth, the first few minutes can play a big part in whether your first date will have a happy ending or not. The good news, however, is that there is a way to escape and make small talk a tad more interesting and bearable. Rather than relying on the weather to save you till the first glass of wine is served, keep these questions handy. Not only do they fill the awkward silences but also help you to get to know more about your date.
Use these first date questions to create new conversation ideas.
- What’s something I wouldn’t guess about you?
- What was your favorite childhood toy?
- What’s the best present you ever gave someone?
- What kind of music do you listen to?
- What’s your favorite cuisine?
- Which is your favorite restaurant?
- What’s your dream job?
- What’s the bravest thing you’ve ever done?
- What’s the luckiest thing that’s ever happened to you?
- What do you do for fun?
- Where did you study?
- What’s your favorite vacation destination?
- Who do you talk to the most?
- Do you have any nicknames?
What are your favorite sports?