India Successfully Flight-Tests Supersonic Cruise Missile BrahMos
The BrahMos supersonic cruise missile was successfully tested on Thursday from the Pokhran missile center in Rajasthan. Supersonic cruise missile was tested last
November by the Indian Air Force fighter aircraft Sukhoi-30 from MKI. Last year’s
BrighMos performed at the Dubai Air Show. Many of the military commanders are also keen to buy them.
Some Facts About Supersonic Cruise Missile BrahMos
- BrahMos is a medium range ramjet supersonic cruise missile.
- BrahMos can be applied from land, air and sea.
- It is a joint venture of the Indian Defense Research Institute (DRDO) and the Russian Federation NPO Mashonosioneia.
- The word Brahmus comes from the first three letters of the Brahmaputra in India, the first four letters of the Moscow Moskva River (Moskva).
- Previously Brahmos was driving at 2.8 to 3.0 mph. Now its speed is upgraded to 5.0 Mac. (Mock = 1234.8 km / hr) is mock.
- It is the fastest anti-ship cruise missile in the world.
- It has been serving since 2006.